Hydraulic fracturing, or "fracking", is the process of drilling and injecting fluid into the ground at a high pressure in order to fracture shale rocks to release natural gas inside.
David O. Carpenter, M.D., Is a professor of Environmental Health Sciences at the School of Public Health, University of Albany and the director for the Institute for Health and the Environment. Discusses the harmful effects that fracking has on the environment as well as our health. www.albany.edu/ihe.
· Fracking Investigation Finds Evidence of Water Contamination
· Fracking caused hundreds of complaints about contaminated water in four states
· More Than Flaming Water: New Report Tracks Health Impacts of Fracking on Pennsylvania Residents Health
· 4 Horrifying Dangers of Fracking - A group of health professionals is working to make sure the state thoroughly investigates the impacts of fracking on public health.
· NY State Assembly takes last-minute look at fracking
· Duke University Research Adds New Evidence that Fracking Pollutes Well Water-June 30, 2014
· Letter from IHE Member Shiela Bushkin-Bedient, MD, MPH to NYS Assemblyman Rober Sweeney regarding the proposed regulations for hydraulic fracturing in NYS 1/10/13
· Dr. Carpenter's report to the Committee on Environmental Conservation on hydraulic fracturing 1/4/13
· Consideration of Radiation in Hazardous Waste Produced from Horizontal Hydrofracking, a report by E. Ivan White, Staff Scientist for the National Council on Radiation Protection 10/15/2012
· Gas Patch Roulette: How Shale Gas Development Risks Public Health in Pennsylvania 10/15/2012
· Human Health Impacts and Exposure Pathways of Proposed Horizontal Hydrofracking in New York State 10/9/12
· "Hydraulic Fracturing 101"
· "Unpacking Health Hazards in Fracking's Chemical Cocktail"
Fracking by the Numbers - Key Impacts of Dirty Drilling at the State and National Level, Released by: Environment America
Release date: Thursday, October 3, 2013
> Read News Release
> Download Report (PDF)
Website of Interest: www.foodandwaterwatch.org
What's Next is more of the water supply to be permanently destroyed, contaminated, poisoned, little to stop the power of this money in the case until it is probably too late.