Being left handed and analytical by nature, as well as being skeptical on top of that...skeptical - this is hard for majority that live in the fluoride doped-TV trance world, to believe that I am skeptical, since much of this site is based on 'crazy stuff' - as defined by the fluoride/TV zombies...but nonetheless, skeptical I am.
I look for the 'fly in the ointment' of the snake oil of life, - if it is too good to be true, that it is probably a lie - principle.
Not allowing me or mine to 'programmed' by TV programs, we haven't had broadcast, (nor cable or satellite) TV. The one broadcast event that I will occasionally sit in is the superbowl (and that isn't even every year). More for the social gathering purpose than anything else. We do have a TV, rent or borrow from the library, DVD's but NO TV ADs and 'selected viewing.
The first broadcast TV program we watched in two years, put me into a trance and I paid for it - in time, money, gasoline and grief.
I have not been thrilled with ATT's service, DSL or moble. This year they were canceling the ATT DSL service in our area to be replaced by...ATT DSL service (by a different name, some gobbly gook called ATT Uverse). A long story shorter...
- ATT incompetently, turned off my old DSL in advance of the 'switch' ...for 10 days
- Since I didn't have DSL service they canceled my EMAIL too for 10 days...adding injry to injry
- I was hours on the phone trying to get THEIR screw up fixed...
- I was lied to, insulted by call center staff in BOTH the Philippines and India.
- My promised $100 VISA card for my troubles, WILL NEVER COME, that after a couple more calls for them to tell me, so what about your troubles and what we promised...
- India - call ctr had fun keeping me on hold coming back every few minutes, probably have a daily bet in the cubical hell as too who kept whatever disssatisfied customer on hold the longest without helping them, before the customer finally hangs up...
1 hr, 6 mins (Just one of the call time lengths, without getting any help) - "The Untouchable of the Day", won a bowl of curry for the best screw job of a customer, Tuesday, day shift.
Trying to reach a real, ATT customer service representative, that is going to resolve your problem is fantasy without transfering you is fantasy. ]
"...if you want ATT Uverse (what is that?) press 7 or whatever, might as well be 7,241 as lost in the system prompts you easily get.
Like the secret govt that runs this country, ATT is compartmentalized. Compartmentization keeps the U.S. secret govt successful, the left hand not knowing what the right is hand doing. Even within the same agencies, the big pictures is kept from the minions, some good folks that don't realize they working against the nation...by I digress, as usual.
The Behemoth that ATT is, I am not sure how compartmentalization 'helps' them serve you, it is just that it is easier for them and they don't care, their actions or inaction makes that clear. ATT DSL doesn't talk or have your records for the other ATT high speed internet dept, etc?
ATT Doesn't Care
- Try calling with a complaint, their is no auto prompt for that, none and customer service (India/Philippines) can't help you with that either.
- The website is the same way, NOTHING, nada, zip.
- Try calling to speak to a manager, the 'computer' manages itself I guess.
- Their is NO ONE at ATT that you can complain to, by phone or web, about the two 'untouchables' from India, all pun intended but I would of liked to of 'touched'...that first lied and said they were in Las Vegas...probably an honest mistake right?...That got their jollies taking a frustrated mad customer to a whole new level of disgust for the service provider. After an hour and six minutes mostly on hold with various interruptions to see how long I would stay like fool, thinking they actually were going to turn my email back on...
- Call back and start over!
- No one to complain to about Agent #_____ and _____, I threw away the two 'agent' numbers (they probably lied about those too) after no to report them too, obviously ATT doesn't care. ATT serves the NSA faithfully, they have goverment money they don't need us (that is for another day) so to hell with them...
So the superbowl has a T-Mobile adverstisement (lie) that says THEY WILL PAY YOUR CONTRACT TERMINATION charges from your current carrier if you switch to T-Mobile. This promise is only for naive, the fools, for it is a LIE.
Since T-Mobile doesn't give have a contract, they don't provide a phone for free or substantially reduce rate, as is standard in the industry and they won't let you use your current ATT, Verizon, etc.
There top phone sells for $739.99! that same phone online new factory unlocked, you can buy for $280! That is a $460 delta. The contract termination charges from ATT is around $300 (it varies) did you catch that? You are paying the contract termination charges and MORE, $160 in this case. T-Mobile lies, but it gets worse.
They don't acutally discuss that you are buying the phone they use decpetive speech about monthly payments AND pay nearly 3 times market value...they finance and bill you monthly for the phone.
More T-Mobile Lies
T-Mobile doesn't acutally pay ATT, after you get a bill, copy it, mail it in to T-Mobile, in six or eight weeks they allegedly will mail you
The T-Moblie LIE and Deception Reviewed
- So you buy the T-Moblie phone for $740 (even though market value new, unlocked is $280)
- Say, you finance that on a credit card and have interest payments for how long? But we will call it free for this exercise.
- In about ninety or a hundred days your get a VISA card $300
- At the end of the year you get a 1099? from the T-Mobile for the $300 for the 'gift' card and you get to pay 40% taxes, we'll call that $100 for easy numbers (33%).
...BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!
T-Mobile - Coverage Map LIES
I was SKEPTICAL of their reported coverage for our area, the map only rated it for "C+ ish" . We had some basic paperwork started, none binding of course but we were going to check with some folks near where we live the next day. (find exactly how much our C-C+ coverage was). It is defined from friends and neighbors. Missed calls, habitual dropped cals, go outside your house if you want better cover...gee and I can pay hundreds for the switch! It was F to D- at best.
My Pet Peeves
Are many...mine is, I hate the phrase pet peeve...another hot button is:
- INSULTING MY INTELLIGENCE
- T-Mobile is forcing me to sell my current phone, tell me the price after it is too late, after I have service ($5 in parts?)
- Sneak in a line item next to service charge, monthly payment of new phone.
- But WAIT THERE'S MORE!
After filling out some basic info. (NOTHING BINDING on the paperwork, don't worry, just preliminary) at the T-Mobile authorized dealer and wasting about two hours on a Sunday
- After learning the disgusting truth on the crappy service,
- The sell your phone, will tell you how much latter scam,
- Finding out how ridiculously over priced the phone was,
WE GOT AN ILLEGITIMATE BILL from T-Mobile AND THEY EXPECTED US TO PAY IT!
About two weeks later we Got a bill for about $160 from T-Mobile
the called several times *they didn't return her call back like promised, two more hours fixing that. Service for T-Mobile? Did we buy your phone...if you don't know a dealer of contract services like that is like an authorized alarm dealer, they get paid on contacts and bonuses for volume. They probably got a bonus that month for hitting a certain number, by turning all of the exploratory customers....Got bonus for 'fake contracts'. What did the owner of the authorized dealer care that he screwed you around by getting an illegitimate bill from T-Mobile. There was nothing signed by us, no services received. BUT I expect that from 'his kind', no speak good english and probably owns a few gas stations, if you know what I mean or a few cheap motels...
Screw T-Mobile, Screw ATT